So – after all the hype, all the speculation and a consistent message from Microsoft, WPDownUnder has just finished the update process on our Samsung Focus Beta2 Windows Phone. Not only has Microsoft completely overhauled the OEM-Carrier-MS update delivery process to internalise testing stages and offer smooth and NoDo hassle-free release of the update, but they have also thrown in some GREAT update improvements…
The release of the Mango Windows Phone 7.5 update is a massive boost for Microsoft and their Windows Phone Platform. And MS just keep on getting the job done;
- They have internalised 95% of the OEM and Carrier testing phase, to improve their customer expectation management.
- They appear to have improved their OEM and Carrier relationships worldwide since March – including communication channels and synchronisation.
- Public Mango Beta’s no doubt have helped the overall update experience with user-testing for MS.
- They have not PUBLICLY shifted a single date re: the release of Mango.
On top of this however, their Engineering and Windows Phone technical teams have made some quite massive and much hoped for improvements to the update process:
- The update process ran smoothly even for Beta users, with no need to roll-back to NoDo to get final Mango updates !
- For the first time, ALL installed Apps and Games (and high scores etc!) are retained with NO NEED to re-install following the update.
- ALL personal Data has been retained also – with pictures, videos and even SMS messaging retained on the device without being wiped.
- Tethering (WiFi hot spot sharing) has been enabled on supported handsets in Settings.
WOW! Great job Microsoft !!! BEST. UPDATE. EVER.
(Update pictures being added shortly – check back on this post for more inf0).
LINK: MS Windows Team Blog – Mango Release post HERE
—– Update —–
New Mango Video from Microsoft! Winning +100!