Australia’s premiere Daily Deals site has just uploaded a great deal for any Optus Network customers wanting to get Windows Phone 7 on a solid device with the bonus of DLNA! The LG Optimus 7 Generation 1 WP7 handset (fully upgradeable to Mango latest OS version) is only $179 outright…add another ~$7 for most Melbourne shipping (may vary). That is quite a deal! Remember however, it is not a Telstra NextG capable handset, although it is offered unlocked from the Optus network.
Does this mean Optus have shipped excess stock to clear via these sorts of sites? Will the Omnia 7 be next on more markdowns (Optus stores have been selling this at the discoutned rate of $259 clearance outright)? And more importantly, will this mean that Optus will let us know their plans for WP7 GEN2 devices soon?
Only Optus know – and they, like every other OEM and Telco are not talking!
Get the deal while it lasts (click on either large picture below).
- 3.8″ 16M-color capacitive TFT touchscreen of WVGA resolution (480 x 800 pixels)
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with HSDPA (7.2 Mbps) and HSUPA (5.76Mbps)
- Windows Phone 7 operating system
- 1GHz Snapdragon CPU, 512MB RAM
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging
- Panorama shot app
- 720p video recording @ 24fps
- 16GB of built-in storage
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- Standard microUSB port (charging)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n; DLNA support via PlayTo
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP
- Accelerometer for screen auto rotation
- Landscape on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- FM radio with RDS
- Office document editor
- Social networking integration
- Built-in A-GPS receiver
- Comes with a choice of free apps via LG AppStore
- Voice-to-text functionality
- ScanSearch augmented reality app
“PLEASE NOTE: The LG Optimus E900 3G Smartphone comes in an Optus branded box. This phone is unlocked to work on any network but is not compatible with Telstra NextG.”